1. I've been working on removing the remnants of the gas tank, as promised. Loathsome, horrible work. Still, it's coming along.
2. Spent time measuring out and calculating how much 2/0 cable I'm going to be needing. I need to measure it out carefully because the stuff is $4.50/ft on a good day.
3. Worked on fitting the big battery box under the trunk. I have to work out how I'm going to suspend it from the frame and keep everything secure. This frame has to support just over 250 lbs of lead, so it better be up to the task.
4. While out looking for some steel to do #3, I happened to park near an automotive paint store. Though I knew I'd have to paint all the bare steel, I really hadn't given it much thought beyond picking up some spray paint at Lowes and going at it. I thought it would be nice if I could make most of the visible parts the same color as the car, but figured that would be too costly. On a whim, I stopped in and asked if there was anyway to paint some bits to match the car and not pay for a 1/2 gallon of paint, spray gun, etc. He said well I could put it in a standard "rattle can" for you. Apparently if you're in the biz, that's the lingo. I walked out with 2 cans of BMW Hellrot (Bright Red, for those of us who don't do German) for $14 a pop! I did get some primer and clear coat as well, but what a deal! This will help make things look real nice.
5. Look at the pretty sparks! Started measuring and cutting steel. I was hoping that the 10" abrasive wheel I got for my miter saw would do the trick, but no such luck. It cut through a couple of pieces then just stopped cutting. It would seem their claims that it cuts metal are a bit over stated. Looks like I'm going to have to buy a real steel cutting blade.