Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Motor Support Is In Place


Above, you can see the piece of steel I spent several hours shaping. It's the black one just underneath the red motor, and resting on top of the black metal sub frame. I put a piece of high density foam between the bracket and the motor, mostly just to keep the motor from getting too scratched up. That little piece of steel lifts the motor up to the proper alignment and keeps it from resting on the steering rack.

On top of the little bracket I built, you can see I've bolted to it a strap that goes around the motor, holding it firmly down in place. I used some scrap steel (those little gray tabs) to hold the strap down on top of the bracket. I still need to trim the length of those bolts. Don't want them catching anything as I drive over it.

No comments: