I know what you're saying, "Enough with the steel, and the welding and support and what not!" Well, I feel your pain. Trust me when I say that I'd much rather move on to sexier things, but I have a few remaining things to do to try and make the supports as road ready as I can.
Today I spent several hours cutting, fitting and shaping some steel tubing for cross bracing on the existing mounts we've already welded into place. Once they are welded to the existing supports, they should offer the extra bracing needed to support the batteries in the event of hard stops or accelerations.
I also spent some time cleaning up the hole I cut in the trunk's bulkhead yesterday. Took a lot of careful measurements and then went down and ordered the plastic box that's going to fit in the cavity. That should take a week to build. In the mean time I need to cut some more steel to support and hold that box in place. Ideally, I'd like to build yet another frame to mount in the area the fuel tank was in, to hold the accessory battery. I'm thinking I'm going to use an Optima battery for that because I can mount it anyway I want, even upside down!